Jacinta Greene is the proven leader we need on the Alexandria School Board. She has pushed to improve Alexandria Public Schools, while serving as a champion for both our students and teachers.
Closing the Achievement Gap
I am running for a second term for Alexandria School Board because we have a lot more work to do to close the achievement gap to ensure all students have an equal opportunity for success. All of Alexandria’s children deserve the best and as your school board member it will be my mission to bring us closer to that end.
I will continue to push for community centered/powered schools, where the voice of students, parents and community are included in the decisions we, as school board members, make on behalf of ACPS. If reelected, one of my main priorities will be to see that this plan is implemented and that we are as inclusive as possible by breaking down the many barriers that exist.
Achieving Educational Equity
This past year and a half, COVID-19 has demonstrated the strength and resilience of our community, schools, teachers, students and parents. However, this pandemic has also highlighted and exacerbated the inequities that exist in our schools.
COMMITMENT TO OUR TEACHERS
As the product of the Virginia public school system and a mother who is an educator, I have seen firsthand the dedication that educators impart on their students each day. This has been a difficult time for all and if re-elected I will continue to fight to ensure that teachers are fairly compensated for the hard work that they do and help ensure that the City of Alexandria is competitive when it comes to recruiting and retaining a pool of diverse and highly-qualified teachers.
Endorsements & CANDIDATE CERTIFICATIONS
Jacinta Has Delivered for Alexandria
Improving CAPACITY AND OVERCROWDING
- Improved capacity and addressed overcrowding in Alexandria City Public Schools by strongly advocating to secure the completion of two new elementary schools
- Worked to approve the construction of two additional schools in Alexandria, one of which is under construction and the second that will begin construction in 2022
- Met and heard from numerous parents, teachers, community members and students in Alexandria to ensure that their voices are heard, respected and valued
- Proud to have worked with our community to rename two schools to better represent the values of Alexandria
- Improved real-time communication with students, staff, families and the community by including a streamlined set of digital tools in the strategic plan.
ACHIEVING EDUCATIONAL EQUITY
- Spearheaded the “Equity for All 2020-2025 ACPS Strategic Plan,” which works to remove barriers that are deeply rooted in our school system
- Strongly advocated for the inclusion of K-2 literacy in the strategic plan to address the fact that many students of color lack access to preschool
COMMITMENT TO OUR TEACHERS
- Strongly supported teachers and will continue to fight for the resources and pay that they deserve to be successful
- Endorsed by APACE because of the commitment to our educators and support staff
November 2nd, 2021
For More Info on Voting,
Checks can be sent to:
PO Box 1111, Alexandria, VA 22313